Gram flour 200gms.
Curd (yogurt) 1 cup
Chopped green chili 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Chopped ginger 1 tbsp.
Soda bi-carb 1 tsp.
Chopped green coriander 1 tbsp.
Fresh grated coconut ½ cup
Lemon 1 no.
Oil 2 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1.Take gram flour in a bowl. Add beaten Yogurt and warm water. Whisk
well to remove all lumps. The mixture should have a thick consistency. Add
salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
2. Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
3. Add this paste to the fermented mixture. Add turmeric powder and
4. Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
5. Grease a dhokla mold or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. In a small
bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of 1
lemon. Mix well and add this to the Gram flour mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool for sometime. Cut into squares and arrange in a serving
8. Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to
crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
9. Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated
images from google bhai